Timberland boots are not just boots but are the definition of boots.
They were designed for the man with style and versatility. The main issue that most Timberland boot owners are dealing with is how to clean them effectively without having to spend much. This is a 40 year old brand that has withstood the test of time and style.
These boots are waterproof and therefore can withstand cold temperatures. Timberland boots are therefore a great investment for your feet and hence the need to know how to take care of them and especially when it comes to cleaning.
So is there a way you can clean the boots without spending much? The answer is yes and you can do so using household ingredients, vinegar included.
Table of Contents
There are several reasons as to why vinegar is the most preferred natural cleaning substance.
- Vinegar is harmless. Vinegar is a natural cleaner that can be used on all types of material. Be it suede, leather, black, brown or yellow boots, you are safe with vinegar.
- Vinegar is cost effective. Vinegar is cheap and even if you don’t have it at home, you can buy it from the store. There is no need to buy expensive shoe cleaning products.
- Vinegar is easy to use. Unlike the expensive shoe cleaning products that come with strict instructions, the use of vinegar can be implemented easily. It is a simple process that will only require 5 to 10 minutes.
What you will need
- A cup of water
- A brush
- Soft cotton cloth
- Soft bristled brush
Failure to prepare is preparation to fail. Preparing to clean your boots starts with getting rid of the dirt and debri that might be on the boots. Use a brush to do this or if you do not have a brush then you can make use of a towel to wipe off the dust.
Most people usually forget to clean the bottom of their shoes, your boots need to be cleaned everywhere. You can use a brush with soft bristles to brush the dirt particles. When you are done, the next thing is to remove the shoelaces and wash them by hand using warm soapy water.
Rinse thoroughly and hang them to dry. Now your boots are ready for cleaning.
Cleaning Method One
- Pour a tablespoon of white vinegar in a cup
- Dilute the vinegar with a cup of water
- Dip the soft cotton cloth into the mixture of water and vinegar and leave the cloth in for about two minutes
- Take the cloth and use to rub the boots softly
- Gently but firmly rub the places that there are more stains. When done leave the boots to dry
- Use the soft bristled brush to remove the remaining marks.
White vinegar does not only get rid of salt stains but also food and wine stains.
Cleaning Method Two
You will need the following:
- Get rid of the dust and dirt before the actual cleaning
- Take the baby wipes and use them to wipe the boot’s surface. Baby wipes are also gentle on the boots
- Now take the bread slices and use the to scrub the stains on your boots
- Take the talcum powder and sprinkle it on the areas with the stubborn stains or where the scuff marks are quite visible
- Let the powder settle in for a night or even 3 to 4 hours if you are in a hurry
- Rub the vinegar solution on the boots using the soft cotton cloth then leave them to dry for at least two hours
There are other adverse methods of cleaning Timberland boots where people use pure vinegar but that is not advised for every stain unless the stain is also aggressive. This method is called for when all else fails with white vinegar.
You will also need to add more firmness to your brushing since you are dealing with an aggressive stain. The time taken is about 45 minutes to one hour but the entire process including drying could take about four hours. You can use the two methods mentioned in this article to clean your Timberland boots.
Vinegar is safe and harmless. Maintain a specific frequency when it comes to cleaning. It can be once after every two weeks. This ensures that your boots don’t just look good but feel good too.